Civil Engineering Study Materials for Digital Learning
Dec 10, 2015
Civil engineering is probably the oldest stream of engineering that dates back to many centuries. Early man constructing a roof over his head or laying a plank of wood over a water body to cross it, can be considered the primary forms of civil engineering. One of civil engineering’s major discipline is structural engineering which includes the construction of buildings and bridges. Railroads and subways are built by transportation engineers who are also a type of civil engineers.
To become a successful civil engineer, one requires a good deal of formal education. Civil engineers usually work on projects involving construction, rebuilding, renovation etc. They perform many civic responsibilities like review government laws and regulations and design roadways and highways. Apart from these civil engineers are also employed in aerospace industries and space-stations. Civil engineering is considered to be a very exciting profession as engineers can see the fruits of their work in the form of a tall skyscraper, a massive bridge connecting cities or even a public park.
Civil Engineering Study Materials
Nowadays, with the advent and growth of digital learning, a lot of civil engineering study materials are available online. Civil engineering has many sub-disciplines that need to be studied separately. The major sub-disciplines along with a brief description is given as follows:
1) Structural Engineering – Structural Engineering is probably the biggest discipline covered in civil engineering. In this, the engineers are involved in designing structures, analysing their stability and overseeing their construction.
2) Transportation Engineering – Transportation engineers are involved in designing transportation systems, railroads, roadways, subway stations and other structures of conveyance. Transportation engineers must be aware of traffic routes, safety guidelines, efficient transport schedule and overall interaction of systems with their environment.
3) Materials Engineering – Material engineering involves the study of basic construction materials, their properties and their means of production. The commonly studies building materials are metals, wood, plastic, cement, sand, rocks, rubber and clay.
4) Environmental Engineering – Environmental engineers deal with issues of the environment and build solutions for these issues. From improving the quality of air, water and the natural environment to cleaning up pollution sites, environmental engineering contributes significantly to the stability of human habitation.
5) Earthquake Engineering – Earthquake Engineering is the discipline of civil engineering that is devoted to diminishing risks and hazards brought about by earthquakes. Earthquake engineers investigate and provide solutions of problems that may arise due to devastating earthquakes. The study includes planning, designing, building and managing constructions that are resistant to earthquakes.
Magic Marks is one of the fastest growing providers of digital engineering education. It offers eLearning solutions for engineering students in India. The Civil Engineering study materials are provided in detail by Magic Marks, including all the sub-disciplines mentioned above. The study material is in the form of video tutorials with 2D animations and an easy-to-understand English voice over.